What a mental end to 2017, my poor unfinished dinosaur doodles and general arty mayhem have become neglected towards the end of the year... but it's now a super smashing shiny new year and I've managed to grab me some time to get back up and hurtling towards as many creative things I can get my hands on this year!
Last year was fab; I found and developed a style of drawing I didn't even know I could do, collaborated with some fantastic people, tried new things like screen printing my own t-shirts/prints/boxers/ikea boxes, took up a new job in digital printing (hello easy printer access!), set up an online shop, and found a lottie-sized hole in the big scary world for me (and my drawings) to fit comfortably into.
But we all know comfortable gets boring, and instead IT'S TIME TO BE EXCITED.
So, 2018 means:
- more collaborations - I've already got plans on the go working with some local wonderful people and their shiny businesses
- a new fancy pants graphic tablet - yes I've finally ditched drawing solely using my laptop mousepad: so long hand cramps!
- more fabby merch stuff in the making - we're talking t-shirts, tote bags, badges, mirrors, and did someone say a BOOK?!
- a new job - in an exciting university... it may mean I will no longer be able to print my own work when and as I want, but I'm super giddy about the opportunity to become a mega tech-nerd, more IT savvy, and potentially part-cyborg (we'll see about the last one)
- and... LOADS AND LOADS OF DRAWING
So cya 2017, you've been enjoyable but 2018 is going to be better.
P.S. if any of you thought while reading this 'oh, she's got an online shop open! I'd like to take a look at that'... check the link here.